Pez Leon eating turtle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are also in very shallow areas if there are nook and crannies for them to hid in.
All in I took 18 on Monday, max depth was an brief excursion to 140 ' since I was flying Tuesday. They are there but imbedded deep in the reefs, the best hunting anymore is in the afternoons when they come out to feed.

Yes, by very shallow I meant near into shore in 15 feet of water in little coral outcroppings and overhangs where divers tend to avoid because they are out on the main reefs. The ones we find are passed by all day by other divers. Once you start figuring out where to look there are actually quite a few even where there are lots of divers. Devil fish.

Delicious Fish

oR_kF6kmCYuSm5CHqFF0GZzlEZU2lpMNV8cL1oJ0GD6Fv5QRbEDQTuU37DbKwmPkJijAQRUiZFpJPqcGqQ=w1095-h821-no.jpg

3C3D4E03-27DB-4B2E-9C9C-1AB2C16AC1C0.jpeg
Last night we took ours to Casa Cuzamil. Your choice of ceviche, coconut, blackened, grilled, grilled with garlic, and fried whole to crunchy, crispy, eat-it-all perfection. We fed six with enough leftovers to feed another four. Not a bad tank at the lionfish wars!

Back
Top Bottom