Phantom long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scc135

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been trying to see if people have any issues with the Phantom lone hose as opposed to the reg or miflex. Some have noted that miflex bows out or sometimes twists due to the routing. Anyone notice that with Phantoms?

I use the Miflex on my air integrated octo. I do note that I have to rout it a little more specific for it not to bow. The bowing isn't bad just notable. I am interested to see what others say about the Phantoms.

The Phantom hoses seem to be a little less ridgid once aired up, but same as the Miflex hoses, they have the memory and tend to want to curl. I have all Phantom hoses on my singles setup, and they have been great. I have 6" Miflex HP hoses on my sidemount setup and I am less than impressed with them. I don't like the thin hose, and they don't offer the ability to turn the gauge when under pressure.

I use Miflex low pressure hose for my primary 2nd stage and the thin HP hose for my SPG. I love the flexibility and the lighter weight of the LP hose. I also love the Miflex HP hose. Very flexible. does not get very stiff like the regular rubber hose. However, I have read posts about it blowing out and this got me concerned. I just recently placed an order for a LP Phantom hose for my octo and BC inflator. So, I went ahead and ordered the Phantom HP hose to replace that Miflex HP hose to be on the safe side.

Also, Phantom braided hoses are cheaper than Miflex hoses.

I have 6" Miflex HP hoses on my sidemount setup and I am less than impressed with them. I don't like the thin hose, and they don't offer the ability to turn the gauge when under pressure.

Slight tangent, but thank you for posting that! I got a 24" Miflex for my SPG and I noticed that I had to pre-position the SPG because it would not swivel after I pressurized it.

Well, I didn't really like the way the thin hose hung/flopped when not under pressure, and that, combined with reading about numerous failures of the Miflex HP hoses, made me decide to get a regular rubber hose for my SPG. Wow, suddenly it was swiveling whenever I wanted it to. I started to wonder if the non-swiveling was normal (under pressure) or the swiveling - and hoping I had put the new hose/spool on correctly.

Hearing you say that your SPG did not swivel under pressure with the Miflex hose either makes me feel a bit better, and like the swiveling now with the rubber hose is normal. Thanks!

Pardon the tangent.

Blue Sparkle

Noreast,
Do you mean that the Phantom hose is a little less ridgid than the Miflex or a regular rubber hose? Also, is the outer cover of the Phantom as subject to abrasion as the Miflex?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom