Philippines recommendations, please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PanamaMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wifely and I are thinking of doing our first Philippines dive vacation in the 2nd week of December. Sea sickness is an issue, but a short boat ride is okay. What would be a nice Dive resort to spend a week of diving? An ideal situation would be something like Buddy's Dive on Bonaire.

Haven’t been to Buddy’s but El Galleon/Asia Divers is excellent. Also, all dive sites (except Verde Island) are only a few minutes ride away and you come back between every dive. They have a large pier as well - the only one there. The food there is very good (you can even do full board if you want - we did this and loved it - NO interest in Sabang). We did 4-5 dives a day but you can do packages or individual dives. We did unlimited diving which is 4 dives a day then paid for night dives additionally. We looked at Atlantis but it was super expensive for what it was - over 50% more. We really enjoyed Asia Divers and El Galleon and would return. It is concierge diving at its finest. The deck hands and boat crew knew our preferences and habits so well and the divemasters are excellent.

If you’re an experienced diver or are good with air consumption, let them know in advance and be an advocate for yourself to ensure you get paired with the right buddy and group.

Haven’t been to Buddy’s but El Galleon/Asia Divers is excellent. Also, all dive sites (except Verde Island) are only a few minutes ride away and you come back between every dive. They have a large pier as well - the only one there. The food there is very good (you can even do full board if you want - we did this and loved it - NO interest in Sabang). We did 4-5 dives a day but you can do packages or individual dives. We did unlimited diving which is 4 dives a day then paid for night dives additionally. We looked at Atlantis but it was super expensive for what it was - over 50% more. We really enjoyed Asia Divers and El Galleon and would return. It is concierge diving at its finest. The deck hands and boat crew knew our preferences and habits so well and the divemasters are excellent.

If you’re an experienced diver or are good with air consumption, let them know in advance and be an advocate for yourself to ensure you get paired with the right buddy and group.

I get a few Google hits with El Galleon/Asia Divers. Are you talking about the one about 400 yards from SaBang? Or the one in Puerto Galera? Sorry if I'm a pest.

Atlantis Dumaguette or Puerto Galera. Both are outstanding.

How would you describe the diving?

I can also recommend El Galleon / Asia Divers - been there 3 times in the past. Atlantis is way overpriced for the same dive sites.

+1 for El Galleon.

I was certified there about 3 years ago, and been back a few times since. Their dive staff is fantastic, resort staff is great, food is good, and rooms are nice. Just be aware that the Sea View rooms are up a few flights of stairs (but awesome rooms).

I agree that Atlantis is over priced for Puerto Galera. Even their dive rates are high.

But Angelyn's might be a good option. It is immediately next door to Atlantis. I have stayed there the last few times (EG was fully booked). Great Price to Room value, and their dive staff is good. It is also right in Sabang, very close to all of the night life and restaurants.

Wherever you decide to stay, be sure to grab a dinner (or two) at Tamarind, located right next to Atlantis. Fantastic ribs, burgers, steaks.... heck, their whole menu is awesome.

If you are interested in coming to Puerto Galera then kindly give our website a visit. We are based in Big La Laguna which is about 20 mins away from Sabang, we have only 3 resorts in our bay so it has a really nice relaxed feel, over forty dive sites to chose from and short boat rides to help with the sea sickness.
www.scandidivers.com

Here is a short video of some of the marine life in Puerto Galera.

Please let me know if you have any questions
Cheers from Kris

Back
Top Bottom