Photographer fights off shark with camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone - Well Ive got news for all of you! The image with the open mouth is my image. It was stolen from one of my sites and used without my permission. Long story! Im very disappointed in the fact that it was used in an article that headlines "Attack". Russell Easton did not take that image. I did.

The image was taken near Tiger Beach last August and this was a thoroughly planned shark dive aboard the Shear Water. We do not feed the sharks but we do chum the water. Being at the right place at the right time ...always helps! Just a little inside info. I will be doing an artcle for Dive Photo Guide describing the shot. Thanks and Save the Sharks! TN Diver

www.stevenandersonphotography.com
Sorry about that. As you can see, I linked it from that UK news site who put their name on it. Using Google Image Search I see that it's been used on a hundred sites including several with that story, several others. Maybe you need to mark your pics? :idk:

Thats exactly why I do watermark mine. Then atleast they cant say "didnt know" if I confront them..

Nice pic tho :)

Tn-In light of the fact that you don't claim you were "attacked," that is a nice shot! I've been ripped off, too (although not as bad as this), so I started adding watermarks. That way I don't mind when people "borrow" shots as it is free advertising! Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom