Photos from Cozy and Bonaire with new D7100 setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmasin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all... just realized I never looped back and posted photos with my new (as of July) D7100 with Nauticam setup, so here are some!

Everything is with
D7100
Nikkor 105mm Macro VRII
NA-D7100
2x Sea and Sea YS-01, optically synched

Cozy: Cozumel October 2013 » Jonathan Masin Scuba Photography
Bonaire: Bonaire July 2013 » Jonathan Masin Scuba Photography

A few of my favorites below, high res on the site, comments welcome. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this setup... it still has a lot of capability I haven't used yet, and that feels great!

banded-coral-shrimp.jpg
View attachment 169858
dsc_1506.jpg
dsc_1772_0.jpg

One of the nicest collections of pix I have seen on sb

Thanks for posting!

Oh my god, awesome!

Do you find the 105 hunts much or just fast focusing and works great?

I have a very old 105mm that is quite slow to focus compared with the new models. Always debating about the upgrade.

Do you find the 105 hunts much or just fast focusing and works great?

I have a very old 105mm that is quite slow to focus compared with the new models. Always debating about the upgrade.

Hey there!

I found hunting to be an issue only in certain circumstances. One example when I photographed some squid eggs inside a deeper crevice. Ambient light was enough... until I got close enough with the camera and blocked the light... then it was a significant challenge (add Cozy current and I really struggled). I ended up holding a dive light on top of the port. Shrimp inside sponges is another example.

I now have a focus light, not very powerful, just a $150 deal in the cold shoe on the 105mm port and it works fantastic... more than enough for situations I've encountered.

I've only had the 105mm on 3 full-week trips, but I can say in 99% of the daytime situations it focused well. The focus light took care of the other 1% (that can sometimes generate a terrific shot).

Hope this helps,
Jon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom