Photos of Caribe Blu (a.k.a. Hotel Lorena)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougdoug

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of Caribe Blu? My wife and I are considering going there in November. It sounds great. We both are pretty visual, however, and we'd like to see some photos of the rooms. Their website doesn't really offer much.

b.t.w., Thanks to everyone for all the information you've given on this forum. I've been able to do almost all of my research right here on this board.

Hi there,
Unfortunately I don't have pictures, but I stayed at this hotel for 10 days in Jan/Feb '04 and I was very pleased. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable with water coolers and screen doors. All rooms have ocean view and large balcony, grounds are well maintained. It's about a 40 minute stroll to the town square, and most dive shops (if you're not interested in the on-site shop) will pick you up at the pier there. The pool is not heated (at least it wasn't in Feb), but who gets in the pool anyway? Entrance into the water is a little rocky - take booties because there's some sea urchins and coral that are waiting for tender feet, but the snorkeling directly in front is decent and I saw several people shore diving there. Staff is friendly, efficient and bend over backwards to make you feel welcome. The little restaurant directly next door above the dive shop is convenient, reasonably priced and I never had a bad meal there - they were only open for breakfast and lunch. I have stayed at several properties on Cozumel over the years and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Sorry I don't have any pics, but I hope this helps!

dougdoug:
Does anyone have photos of Caribe Blu? My wife and I are considering going there in November. It sounds great. We both are pretty visual, however, and we'd like to see some photos of the rooms. Their website doesn't really offer much.

b.t.w., Thanks to everyone for all the information you've given on this forum. I've been able to do almost all of my research right here on this board.

Yes this board is a great resource. That is why I feel somewhat awkward in linking to another scuba message board, but I found a great trip report about Caribe Blu that I think would interest you. The report even has photos. Admittedly, the report is a bit dated, but I'm sure much of the information is still valid.

the Lorena

Hope this is what you are looking for. I'd definitely stay there if I was traveling with other divers and not my wife and kids (who don't dive).

diveborg:
Yes this board is a great resource. That is why I feel somewhat awkward in linking to another scuba message board, but I found a great trip report about Caribe Blu that I think would interest you.
[...]
I'd definitely stay there if I was traveling with other divers and not my wife and kids (who don't dive).

FWIW, I stay there every spring/summer in a mixed group, and the non-divers love it, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom