Phu Quoc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found it hot humid rainy dusty and crowded (not necessarily dirty) just like any other SE Asian country, at least in HCMC and the surroundings. If it wasn't for all the mopeds, traffic would be like Bangkok or Manila. They are bad; Saigon not too much.

The people were friendly, the food great if to your tastes. Certainly not comparable to Boracay as far as diving and living goes. Boracay is a very touristy place with clear water.

I spent 8 years in Vietnam - country is beautiful . I won't detail everything but after 8 years I still have amazing places to discover.

I did Scuba diving in Phu Quoc and it was a great experience . Visibility is very bad during the rainy season but way better the rest of the year.

I spent 8 years in Vietnam - country is beautiful . I won't detail everything but after 8 years I still have amazing places to discover.

I did Scuba diving in Phu Quoc and it was a great experience . Visibility is very bad during the rainy season but way better the rest of the year.

Ya, I only spent 6 weeks there and I have very bad nostalgia every time I think about it. The only place in SE Asia I didn't completely enjoy was Phnom Penh, but I still wouldn't mind going back. It was just so hot with little to do and the power was out the majority of the 4 days I was there.

When I dove in Phu Quoc I think it was late mid-June. Visibility was fine I just didn't see much interesting. Maybe it was bad luck?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom