Phuket and Phiphi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

try to hit the bida islands in phi phi, hin daeng/muang down south and if possible koh ha is a good site as well though its one of the harder dive sites to get to if you're not diving from lanta.

Its amazing that u can do both SharksPoint/Anemone Reef and then Hin Daeng/Hin Muang from one base. Trade off is not much nightlife on Phi Phi..
You can also do all these sites from Phuket, but of course Phi Phi is closer to especially Hin Daeng.

My understanding is that daytrips to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang are not available from Phuket via speedboat because of the distances involved? There are short LOBs to this site including a stop in Bida but they are a little beyond my price range.. :)

I would prefer to stay in Phuket of course.. enjoy my lovely Chang, reading the Patong Times (www.patongtimes.com) while watching the sunset at Chalong Bay.

hello, scott.
i was in phuket for 3 and half weeks and stayed in KATA BEACH for the whole time.
i went with PHUKET SCUBA CLUB. they were soooooooo cool with me there.
the owners kevan and chantel are so helpful. you should email them.
chantal@Phuket-Scuba-Club.com

if you are going to be there for 3days diving, i recommend to do phi phi (great vis)
i did the overnight trip but you can also do liveaboard too.
i did the similan island also, that was the best site of all.

kata beach was a quieter beach compair to karon or patong. more for the couples,
families and old people.
if you like the crazy night life, you should go to karon and patong.

but i had great time diving there though.
i did 50 dives in 3 and half weeks!!
now i:m in japan, missing to dive there again!!

have fun.
i:m so jealous!
erena

stevenl:
Yes, lots of big stuff at Hin Daeng/Muang at the moment. A few guests of mine just returned and were unlucky with the big stuff, but still had some lovely dives.
Hmmmmm.....I was diving these sites two days ago (Colona 6) and we didn't see any big stuff. There are however a lot of ghost pipe fish around at the moment. I'm flying back to Japan tonight and will make a full trip report in a couple of days

Yes, I know, you were on the boat with 2 of my guests, Leon and Ingeborg.

As I said, no big stuff, but as for everything, you can be lucky or unlucky on certain days.

Traminer:
My understanding is that daytrips to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang are not available from Phuket via speedboat because of the distances involved? There are short LOBs to this site including a stop in Bida but they are a little beyond my price range.. :)

I would prefer to stay in Phuket of course.. enjoy my lovely Chang, reading the Patong Times (www.patongtimes.com) while watching the sunset at Chalong Bay.
PM Batfish.
There's a boat to HM/HD from Phuket, which I almost booked a week ago except I came down with this upper respitory crap which is going around and decided to bail.
His shop advertises it out front.

stevenl:
Yes, I know, you were on the boat with 2 of my guests, Leon and Ingeborg.
Yes...I was diving with them in my group. They were a nice Dutch couple....laid back. Leon asked me about SB so we might see them joining the board later.

http://patongtimes.com

...Just in case anyone is in any doubt, this is not real news...

Yep, there are currently day trips to Hin Daeng / Hin Muang 3 times per week on fast boats with small groups of divers. Not the cheapest day trip you can do (5500 Baht for 2 dives). From Phi Phi I believe the price is 3800 Baht.

It's about time the big stuff apeared now. The last couple of years April has been the "big fish month". Personally I prefer the ghost pipefish :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom