Phuket or phi phi with toddlers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

motspach

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys

We've just booked flights to Phuket in March 2017 for 2 weeks. We'll have a 1 year old and a 3 year old with us.
I've been to Phuket before but not with kids. I'm pretty green regarding travelling with kids because all our other holidays we have had family help look after them.
Ideally my partner and I would like to do maybe 4 or 5 days of diving with the boys in day care.

So am I better off being in Phuket or phi phi?

Things to consider:

Don't want/need 5 star, just day care at the hotel would be ideal.

How long a day trip takes from each location?

Budget? As in, I'm on one.

Recommendations for must see dive sites (day trips only), hotels to stay at and any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

On Phuket quite a few hotels will have daycare, far less on Phi Phi. But from Phi Phi the divesites will be closer by, thereby offering shorter trips.

Thanks Steven. I notice you're located on Phuket. Are there any sites you think are must see that we could do as a day trip? I've never dived the Andaman before and want to make sure I experience the best I possibly can in the short time we have.

You really need to select very carefully when entrusting the safety and well being of your children with a Thai. I would recommend some research and try and get some recommendations from others who have done this before.

King Cruiser, Shark Point, Anemone Reef, Koh Bida Nok.
I dived all of these...along with 80 other divers from six different shops all on the same "cattle boat". Now that was quite the experience. :wink:

Hi guys

We've just booked flights to Phuket in March 2017 for 2 weeks. We'll have a 1 year old and a 3 year old with us.
I've been to Phuket before but not with kids. I'm pretty green regarding travelling with kids because all our other holidays we have had family help look after them.
Ideally my partner and I would like to do maybe 4 or 5 days of diving with the boys in day care.

So am I better off being in Phuket or phi phi?

Things to consider:

Don't want/need 5 star, just day care at the hotel would be ideal.

How long a day trip takes from each location?

Budget? As in, I'm on one.

Recommendations for must see dive sites (day trips only), hotels to stay at and any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Have you thought about bringing a grandparent along?

If you haven't booked in accomodation take a look at the Kata region of Phuket. I have had a few friends base themselves at the Kata Beach Club for its kids club and babysitting services that they have been very happy with along with its proximaty to Chalong Pier where those cattle boats leave from.

You really need to select very carefully when entrusting the safety and well being of your children with a Thai. I would recommend some research and try and get some recommendations from others who have done this before.

Have you thought about bringing a grandparent along?

Apologies, just logged in and saw these responses. We are considering bringing a grandparent, mainly so we can enjoy a bit of nightlife too. I've never used international child care so am unaware of the quality.

We are leaning towards phi phi due to the convenience for diving. Can anyone recommend accommodation with trustworthy child care?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom