Phyllidia ...??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi critter masters
I took the following Nudi in Lembeh. I am trying to identify; and have checked sea slug forum - Bill is holiday; not sure what species is it : Phyllidia willani, Phyllidia babai or oscellata (white variant).
I also appreciate to get more information about the difference between these three species; as I took others nudies with slightly different patern and color.
Nudibranch_Phyllidia_babai.jpg

And below look like ocellata but no gills, so is it flatworm ?
Nudibranch32.jpg

Thanks for help

Regards
Wisnu

The first one looks like Phyllidia babai. A bit of info from nudipixel....This species is characterised by the translucent granular white dorsum, black rings with a central white simple pustule, and thin yellow band at the mantle margin. Note the characteristic white granules in the skin that are not present in similar colour forms of the related species Phyllidia ocellata. Phyllidia willani lacks the yellow band on the mantle margin and usually has a black line instead of black rings.

Second is a flatworm, looks like Thysanozoon nigropapillosum.

Back
Top Bottom