PI quick couplers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coelacanthic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In my perambulations through repair of "unusable" /discarded equipment, I keep discovering new male/female connectors for BC PIs.
I always mistakenly thought there were 4 types:
Standard (Oceaninic, Mares/Dacor, Poseidon, Scubapro etc). Most local equipment is this.
Seaquest
Tabata
Buddy

I have received a collection of PI hoses that do not seem to fall into the above.
i) Goes into a standard female, but seems to have an up/down play with a leak.
ii) Has a narrower diameter to the standard.
Unfortunately, local know-how is very provincial as we exist in a schizophrenic situation of partial US & European equipment. The UK equipment is a rarity. (ie Buddy etc).
(It took me a long while to ascetain the pitch of a Poseidon tank valve. Kept being informed that it could only be M25M. BSP was also suggested - Aussie origin as it has a burst disc. Got a Sherwood with the same thread. Both were NPS!!! Thank you Poseidon USA).
I would appreciate enlightenment (and maybe photos or where to find) as to the types.
Also, schematic diagrams of the male and female types. (Where to find?)
Unfortunately, we seem to be caught up in the disposible society as much of the equipment needs minor repairs/cleaning/adjustments. Easier to sell new equipment!

Back
Top Bottom