Pick of the litter for Computers under $250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My hubby recently bought me the Zoop as a gift. I have only done 3 dives with it though. I love it. My only gripes are:

1. The phosphorescent display: It does not last very long and is not very bright.
2. No deep stop functionality.
3. The dive profile also does not record temperatures throughout the dive. Not a deal-breaker, it would have been nice though. I don't have the cable, so not sure if this will display on a PC?

The Zoop is also really easy to use. After reading the manual once, I did not have to refer to it again as the menus are set out intuitively.

The trick to using the phosphorescent display is to "charge it" , i.e. hold your light against it for 10-15 seconds (or more) first, then it will display longer.

If you know your max depth you can make your own deep stop you don't really need a computer to tell you.

Yes, temperature is displayed if you download dives. But the cable is rather spendy unfortunately.

The trick to using the phosphorescent display is to "charge it" , i.e. hold your light against it for 10-15 seconds (or more) first, then it will display longer.

If you know your max depth you can make your own deep stop you don't really need a computer to tell you.

Yes, temperature is displayed if you download dives. But the cable is rather spendy unfortunately.

Thanks buddasummer, but I still find it weak even when I charged it. :wink:

The cable is on the bottom half of my millions of other things I want to get.

however, if the algorithm is not one that utilizes deep stop calculations, you might be putting yourself into something it doesn't like.....

however, if the algorithm is not one that utilizes deep stop calculations, you might be putting yourself into something it doesn't like.....

I never thought of that possibility. Thanks.

---------- Post added February 26th, 2014 at 08:45 AM ----------

Thanks buddasummer, but I still find it weak even when I charged it. :wink:

The cable is on the bottom half of my millions of other things I want to get.

To be honest I do agree, it's not the best. As I do a lot of night diving and have aging eyes I ended up buying a colour computer.

I have a couple of the Veo 180's and have recommended them in the past. They work great for me. That said, they have not been made for something like 5 years now. New Old Stock. A couple of people have had pressure (depth) sensor issues.

I would look at the DG3.

I have a couple of the Veo 180's and have recommended them in the past. They work great for me. That said, they have not been made for something like 5 years now. New Old Stock. A couple of people have had pressure (depth) sensor issues.

I would look at the DG3.

The Hollis DG02 is the VEO180. Same computer just with another name on it.

Back
Top Bottom