Pick Which One !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like the v3 is a bit more than you need to pay for right now, so like I said, "either of the above" are good, depends on the styling really I guess. If you are not planning to do extended range and trimix for a while, then I would not buy a comp that has those feathres as there are new ones coming out all the time. I am personally waiting for dive rite to bring out a 3 gas watch sized comp, then I will have all I need.

M8 if you are in the UK you should be able to pick up great deals on long weekends or a week in Sinai. Definately worth it.

cancun mark:
Sounds like the v3 is a bit more than you need to pay for right now, so like I said, "either of the above" are good, depends on the styling really I guess. If you are not planning to do extended range and trimix for a while, then I would not buy a comp that has those feathres as there are new ones coming out all the time. I am personally waiting for dive rite to bring out a 3 gas watch sized comp, then I will have all I need.

M8 if you are in the UK you should be able to pick up great deals on long weekends or a week in Sinai. Definately worth it.
Cheers,

That was one of the reasons that I was looking at the suunto! at least when I need to upgrade I can always use the suunto as a bottom timer{which it does in free dive mode}

Morg_NZ:
Suunto Mosquito or Uwatec Pro Ultra...............Look at a new comp and am having a ***** of a time picking one, I keep getting conflicting stories and details from sales persons. One tells me that the suunto can do deco stops and another says it doesn't. Another says that the uwatec is the way to go........................SO WHAT THE HELL IS THE "TRUE" STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyebrow:

And which one has the better planning software?

I bought a Suunto Stinger. After spending 3 months researching and talking to various diver instructors, I chose it because most of them use Suunto. The Mosquito is similar to the Stringer except it does not have a glass lens, the body is plastic, does not do gauge mode, do not do simulations.

That has my vote. I bought mine from divetank.net I found they have competitive prices and super warranties.

I tend to agree with Mike Newman here and have the Uwatec and a Suunto Vytec.

Uwatec, the number only display is a lot clearer and easier. It will take a lot of diving to run the battery down and their turn around time to change it is very fast.

Suunto, unless you plan on using it as a watch, the display is small and the graphs easy to misread in bad viz - especially if your vision is not 20/20.

Maybe your decision will be easier if you compare the Uwatec Pro with either the Cobra or the Vytec.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom