pics from Monterey, CA 4/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry - Thank you. Next time I see you around, I hope you don't mind me staring at your camera rig. I want to house my slr at the end of the year and want to get an idea of how giant/heavy a complete setup looks like. I don't see many shore divers in Monterey with SLRs.

Scott - Are you high? I mean, it's 4/20, your pictures make mine look like dogpoo, and you're seriously one of my idols. I look at your site way more often than I read Martin Edge's Underwater Photographer book. I have it bookmarked at work and at home! So really, your compliment means a lot.

Last edited:
WOW!! Makes me want to huck my camera in the trash!!

Really nice shots! Everyone of them!

Cant wait for some Bonaire photos...

Drew

WOW!! Makes me want to huck my camera in the trash!!

Really nice shots! Everyone of them!

Cant wait for some Bonaire photos...

Drew

Thanks, Drew. I hope to see you at the Monterey meet and greet so I can annoy you with Bonaire questions. :) It'll be on the weekend before our trip.

Larry - Thank you. Next time I see you around, I hope you don't mind me staring at your camera rig. I want to house my slr at the end of the year and want to get an idea of how giant/heavy a complete setup looks like. I don't see many shore divers in Monterey with SLRs.

It's quite a load compared to a point and shoot! With the standard port, it's fairly negative, with the dome it seems to be about a pound positive. I know Carol has trouble handing it off the boat to me, which she never did with my little SP-350. There are much lighter ones out there. The Sea & Sea is quite sturdy. Depending on what you're shooting, there may be a cast polycarbonate one that's a good bit lighter.

Scott - Are you high? I mean, it's 4/20, your pictures make mine look like dogpoo, and you're seriously one of my idols. I look at your site way more often than I read Martin Edge's Underwater Photographer book. I have it bookmarked at work and at home! So really, your compliment means a lot.

I think your photos show a great eye for composition, and a good knowledge of the marine life, and are well lit. I think anyone with passion can take great photos, I can tell you've dove Monterey alot. btw, your feedback on the site means a lot, thanks.

And it has nothing to do with the camera you are using. If you are thinking about housing your SLR, I'd say go ahead and do it, my friends and I have done many shore dives in Los Angeles with our heavy rigs. You will adapt to the new size of the rig.

It's 4/20 - that was quite funny!

Scott

Pics 3 and 7 taken with my Panasonic LX3 and Inon UWL-100. :)

Still haven't figured out what strobes I want with this new rig.

Oh, that last one is just lovely! I sure hope we have viz like that when I get down there at the end of May.

Nice pix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom