Picture error? What's up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrothead600

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm using a DC500. When scrolling thru the pictures, using the camera display as a viewer, one of the pics consistantly shows "picture error" on the display screen. This picture will show up fine on my PC. What gives?:confused:

Some times when I turn my RMM on it says picture error, but then I just turn it off and it's fine.

I'm using a DC500. When scrolling thru the pictures, using the camera display as a viewer, one of the pics consistantly shows "picture error" on the display screen. This picture will show up fine on my PC. What gives?:confused:
A bit fague... Does it happen on the same picture # every time? Does it happen in other situations? Need more specific information, please...

None of the pictures are overexposed. It was displaying "picture error" on the same picture every time. But now, I just scrolled thru the pics on my display screen & it showed " picture error" on 4 different pics. All of the pics display with no problem on my PC screen. It only appears to be a problem when viewing them on the camera display.
I am using a Kingston 1GB SD card and I have approx 130 pics on it @ the highest resolution. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Is it possible that you have modified the pics while looking at them on the PC?

Many cameras are very finicky about the pix format, and will show picture error on valid jpg files, as the camera can only display a pix that is in the exact internal format used by the camera.

You can see whether or not this is true with your camera simply by rotating one of the photos while viewing it on the PC, and then see if the camera says "picture error" when you try to view it.

Charlie Allen

That's what it is:wink:. It is just the pics that I have rotated or cropped on the PC. So now I know. Thanks
Is it possible that you have modified the pics while looking at them on the PC?

Many cameras are very finicky about the pix format, and will show picture error on valid jpg files, as the camera can only display a pix that is in the exact internal format used by the camera.

You can see whether or not this is true with your camera simply by rotating one of the photos while viewing it on the PC, and then see if the camera says "picture error" when you try to view it.

Charlie Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom