picture is BLACK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK could not replace my DC310 SeaLife with an original so i got a vivicam 3715 same camera but no external flash setting. when I take a picture with the camera in the housing using the external flash the picture is very dark and in some case totally black. How can I fixe this problem could a Flash Diffuser help or is it the syncronisation anybody can give me a hint something to try.

I am very new to photography, but it sounds to me like your unit is out of sync. I would wait for some of the more experienced people on the board to post, and see what they think.

Good luck!

Forgot to mention when I use the housing without the external flash the pictures are good

First off, take a photo of yourself in the mirror and make sure the flash is firing. If the flash is firing, its likely firing on the camera's pre-flash (invisible to the eye). If you have the SL960 it has no way to ignore the preflash. The only way you could get it to work is if the camera has a "slave" mode for an external flash. Even if it has this mode, it would cause the flash to fully dump on every flash resulting in some washed out photos. If its the 960D then it will have a preflash ignore feature and you just have to use the correct setting on the flash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom