Pictures from Beach 8th Street Queens New York 06-08-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcienko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Some pictures from last Sunday at Beach 8th Street - Queens NY.We did 73 minutes dive with great viz (around 25 feet).Comments are welcome.

Flounder
Post001.jpg

Sea Robin
Post002.jpg

Bleney
Post003.jpg

You can visit my site as allways from more

Regards

Marcin

How do you get ou there?

Oh yeah, thanks for the pictures. I was wondering what was out there.

Beach 8th Street is an outstanding dive site. I probably did 300 or more dives in the early 90s there while teaching. Depending on the time of the year the life there is pretty prolific. You will even find tropical butterfly fish when the gulf blows them up. Sea Robins are there often as you have in the photo. The soft purple and orange corals on the rocks are nice as well.

A good dive at pure slack tide (challenging) is to head all the way across the chanel to the other side. We would leave one car on that side and then drive back over the bridge.

Also you can on the incomming tide head into the channel towards the bridge and cut left .... then wait for the outgoing in a few hours and come back, or swimm close to shore.

Cheers

Cool thanks! I didn't know the vis was that good there.

Just for the record, about 5-6 ft is the average you get. Depending on the wind direction and the time of year and the the heat of the water etc...you could have zero feet or 25+. I would call 10 feet a very good day at B8th realistically.:wink:

Hi Guys.

I took this pic last fall at Beach 8th St by the pilings. I hope to dive there this weekend.

Enjoy.

Gerry
myspace1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom