Pictures from Eleuthera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are some truly amazing photos! We spend a lot of time in Eleuthera but are just looking into being able to dive here. We have snorkeled quite a bit and seen some pretty interesting stuff. I didn't know that lionfish (which are not native to the Bahamas, but are an invading species) had any predators, so I was really surprised at the picture you took with the eels attacking one.
Thanks for posting these.

Hammerhead, based on your previous questions on the strobes, what settings did you finally use?

MoonscapeDreamer, the lion fish was dead. The DM took a spear on most dives and wasn't shy about using it when he saw a lion fish. He discovered that when he delivered the lion fish to the eels they devoured them.

trange, in some cases I pointed the strobes slightly away from the subject to get less light, in others it was just luck. I still have to work our a solution.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom