Pictures from Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cajuncru Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here are a few of CajunDiva's pictures from our last dive.. Today is our last of diving here at Fantasy Isand. We have had a wonderful trip. Weather has been very cooperative and diving is-----well it's Roatan----you know how the diving is. Hope you enjoy.....these are especially for RoatanMan so the juices can flow again. Got to watch a georgous sunrise from our balcony looking accross the water to CocoView.
Tomorrow it's off to Anthony's Key for a week and a look at what the North side has to offer. We will try to post some more from Anthony's Key next week.

Attachments

• PICT0420.jpg
    PICT0420.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 78
  • PICT0429.jpg
    PICT0429.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 71
  • PICT0459.jpg
    PICT0459.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 85
  • PICT0434.jpg
    PICT0434.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 79
Thnx for sharing

CajunDiva & CajunCru: Nice clear pictures. I saw your dive boat 2x this week (at Caribe Pt and Calvins). Wow, you are doing the best of both worlds this trip, huh? I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the better diving (north or south) after your week at AKR. Hope that small Nor'easter doesn't make it down and kick up the seas on the northside. Thanks for sharing the great trip reports.
Marcia

I just got back from a week at AKR (with 3 days of diving on the South side due to weather). Temperatures were 84-85. I dove in a 1 mil suit. My daughter who is always cold brought her 5 Mil and dove in the skin she usually wears under the suit instead.

Regards,
<TED>

I am going to Fantasy Island in three weeks. What is the water temperature?

Thanks

I am going to Fantasy Island in three weeks. What is the water temperature?

Thanks

Temps were consistently 84-85 degrees. I never wore anything but skins the entire two weeks we were there...

CajunDiva & CajunCru: Nice clear pictures. I saw your dive boat 2x this week (at Caribe Pt and Calvins). Wow, you are doing the best of both worlds this trip, huh? I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the better diving (north or south) after your week at AKR. Hope that small Nor'easter doesn't make it down and kick up the seas on the northside. Thanks for sharing the great trip reports.
Marcia

Hi Marcia: We were able to do the best of both worlds this trip. We arrived on Sat. the 10th and stayed on the South side at Fantasy Island until Sun the 18th when we moved to the North side and Anthony's Key. We had great weather on the South side and were able to dive the North side on Sunday---but Mon. & Tue. that Nor'easter did have it really messed up so we went back on the South side....rest of the week however was fantastic---dead calm, slick seas and great diving on the North side.
As to which side is best.....each side is different, and while my preference is the South side, both offer great diving and I can't truthfully say one is "better" than the other---just different. The North side is much more dramatic, more hard coral, less sponges and soft coral and the fish life is much larger as a rule than the South side. South side seems to have much more Sea Rope, Sea Fans, Sea Plume, Knobby Finger Coral and lots and lots of sponges of all kind and description. Lots of Seahorses, Arrow Crabs, blennies, cleaning stations, etc.....either side makes for great diving IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom