Pictures of D3 and D2 stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluechub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am trying to decide between the D2 and D3 sealed first stages for a new HOG reg set. Technical considerations aside, size is another factor (don't like bumping my head against the first stage). I can find many images on the internet, EDGE website etc. of these first stages by themselves, and they are great images, however I cannot find a decent image that shows the stage in reference to another object, or even simply mounted on a tank.

Anyone that has such a picture of their D2 or D3 and willing to post it?

Thanks for the help

should be able to find pictures of an Apeks DS4 and a DST pretty easily to compare. The issue with the D3 type first stages is there are 3 different ways you can run them.

528d0a107ec78-dubs3.jpg
regs_front_large.jpg

you can see above how they are mounted on doubles. Singles the ds4's have to be mounted vertically, DST's can be run up, down, or sideways. If you want the least chance of hitting your head, the D3 mounted horizontally with the "streamlined OW" type hose routing will be the best

Back
Top Bottom