Pictures of how to mount a transmitter using a short hose ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dx-70903_1_1.jpg
I am new to all of this -- can you help me understand what a spool is and why you must use one? I have a Teric with their AI pod.

DGX Air Spool w/ Viton O-Rings for SPG Swivel

Why do you need one? Without it a HP hose connected to an SPG or Transmitter will not seal.

This is good info. But would someone please explain what a quick disconnect is in this context (same as BCD inflator connection? picture?), and why it is useful? I could guess, but may as well hear from actual users. In practice, do you really remove it between dives on a boat?

Right now, I am looking for a new computer, and an air integrated one is on my radar.

Thanks.

Is it recommended to run an SPG in addition to a transmitter? I'm trying to decide how to best configure my setup.

Is it recommended to run an SPG in addition to a transmitter? I'm trying to decide how to best configure my setup.
I would say yes as a fail safe. Some say no as you can just end your dive if the transmitter fails. I'd rather not have to end my dive.

I love changing o-rings on these said no one ever!
Yeah fitting those tiny -003 o-rings can be a tricky process and painful on the fingertips which is why some people use 70 Duro instead of the correct 90 Duro.
Then I discovered the trick of lubing a 90 Duro o-ring, laying it on top of a pencil eraser then pushing the spool down hard onto it... usually pops straight on!

I'll have to try that. I keep a few in my kit with new orings so I can just swap if needed then replace when I have time. I usually put them in the palm of my hand and drive the spindle through my hand almost before it pops on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom