PIONÉR; New Dive Movie 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveExplorer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Something to look forward to: :D

Teaser trailer PIONÉR (2013) - YouTube

Teaser trailer for the new Norwegian thriller PIONÉR (PIONEER), directed by Erik Skjoldbjærg. Coming in Norwegian cinemas August 30th 2013.

SYNOPSIS: Conspiracy thriller from the beginning of the Norwegian oil rush. The country gains confidence as it fights to secure its riches. Professional diver Peder is obsessed about reaching the bottom of the Norwegian Sea. Along with his brother Knut, he has the discipline, strength and daring necessary for the world's most dangerous job. A test dive to below 500 metres is compared to Norway's moon landing, and shall convince sceptics that laying a pipeline to the mainland is possible. For Peder, the question isn't whether it's feasible, but who'll take part. Then a tragic accident changes everything, and sends Peder on a journey where he gradually loses sight of who's pulling which strings.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/06/24/kultur/pioner/film_aksel_hennie/27857417/?fb_action_ids=10201345789196528&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210201345789196528%22%3A632650690098119}&action_type_map={%2210201345789196528%22%3A%22og.recommends%22}&action_ref_map=[]

I've seen the movie today.
It has not been shown in cinemas here in Argentina, unfortunately.
It's a nice movie and well done.
I don't know how accurate the movie is, but, as sometimes has been mentioned, every country has something to hide. It seems that the history is still unclosed.
As I'm a simple recreational diver, I do not know how true are the saturated diving aspects mentioned.
I've recently read Sealab book and some aspects are mentioned there, so it was nice to see the welding chamber and how it works. One thing that was not well done was the chipmunk voice when breathing helium mixtures, a detail every one would expect.
Anyway a movie every diver should see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom