Pit bull coming at me, owner screaming "Vicious NO"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
harry, what the heck is david talking about??

Sorry Andrew, but I'm afraid David's stuff is way beyond my realm of understanding.

catherine96821:
I have a serious problem if I am hanging out here.

Oh I don't know. I think it only reaches the serious level when you find yourself going back and rereading the whole thing.:D

I'll type slower :D

I thought I would revisit this thread because it is 3am and I can't sleep due to what happened yesterday. My next door neighbours alpachas were savagely attacked by the pit bulls from accross the road. We were able to get 1 alpacha off to the vet and his prognosis is good. I ended up shooting 1 pit bull, the other one ran away too fast and I had to shoot the other alpacha because it was badly injured.
I am an avid dog lover but what I witnessed yesterday was the most savage thing I had ever seen.
I told the owner of the pit bull I will shoot it on sight after what I witnessed today. The police came by and said they will have the dog declared a vicious animal and they will be able to destroy it. I have to give a statement to the police so they can file a complaint.
Thank God it wasn't a kid. That's all I can say.

I was bitten by a Pit bull once. By the third time I hit it with a bat, the owner got there, and screamed at me.

I had to shoot a Pit Bull once. I wasn't going to get bitten again. The owner screamed at me.

A pit bull ate the interior of my BMW once. I screamed at the owner.

Different dogs, different owners. Same kind of situation, I was on a jogging path the second time, (It's a snake-y area, lots of rattlesnakes.), leaving a softball game the first. I like animals, but if you even think your dog might attack unprovoked, do not bring it out in public.

My opinion is a hard line one, one unprovoked attack, the dog gets put down.

And for the record, I like dogs.

But I've had three experiences with Pit Bulls, and they were all bad, so I think the breed sucks.

wedivebc:
I thought I would revisit this thread because it is 3am and I can't sleep due to what happened yesterday. My next door neighbours alpachas were savagely attacked by the pit bulls from accross the road. We were able to get 1 alpacha off to the vet and his prognosis is good. I ended up shooting 1 pit bull, the other one ran away too fast and I had to shoot the other alpacha because it was badly injured.
I am an avid dog lover but what I witnessed yesterday was the most savage thing I had ever seen.
I told the owner of the pit bull I will shoot it on sight after what I witnessed today. The police came by and said they will have the dog declared a vicious animal and they will be able to destroy it. I have to give a statement to the police so they can file a complaint.
Thank God it wasn't a kid. That's all I can say.

Apparently the pit bull will be declared a dangerous animal but it has to kill/injure AGAIN before it can be put down. There's something very wrong with that.

Still think pit bulls aren't dangerous???

aquaoren:
A Pitt Bull isn't a big target but they move damn quickly when motivated. :wink: Are you 100% sure you could hit it with children in the background like in this case? Would you be willing to bet your freedom on it? ... :wink:

Since I have, and have had, the choice, yeah, I'd rather bet my freedom on my shooting ability than my life on my hand to teeth combat ability.

The dog I shot lived. Police say they can't destroy the dogs unless they are registered as vicious and then if they attack someone or something again they will be able to destroy them. I have a 12 gauge coming tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom