Placencia-Whale Sharks and Avedon Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tressamb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning a trip to Placencia and looking into shops to do the Whale shark diving. I have read on another forum that the Whale Sharks didn't show up a lot last year? Does anyone know if this is true?
Also, Avedon seems like a great shop, but they just told our diving partner that they are no longer in operation, they shut down. We have contacted Splash but no one seems to email us back. Any suggestions?

We are planning a trip to Placencia and looking into shops to do the Whale shark diving. I have read on another forum that the Whale Sharks didn't show up a lot last year? Does anyone know if this is true?
Also, Avedon seems like a great shop, but they just told our diving partner that they are no longer in operation, they shut down. We have contacted Splash but no one seems to email us back. Any suggestions?

Email Patty at patricia@splashbelize.com or Ralph at ralph@splashbelize.com. We do respond to emails although sometimes we have found some that went to junk and sometimes when we respond we get a not delivered message back. Please try again.

Each year I do a more or less daily report on whale shark sightings at Gladden Spit and I listed the statistics over the last 10 or so years. You should be able to find that thread. April is usually one of the best months for whale shark sightings but not in 2013 while June is usually a poor month (more weather related than whale shark presence related) but in 2013 June was a great month for whale shark sightings.
Regards
Ralph Capeling

Patty and Ralph run a great operation with SPLASH.

Always had a blast diving with them over the past few trips to Belize.

Great boats, great gear and great staff.

BRad

Ditto what Brad said about Splash Dive Center.

I've dived with them for five weeks over two summers and am going back for more in August. Can't wait!

You can always call them to get things started. I've noticed over the years that the phone connection between the US and Belize has gotten much better. It used to be like talking over a walkie talkie, but the last few times I've called anywhere in Belize it sounded like they could be right down the street.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom