Places to eat in Cozumel and Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikewilkns

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We recently returned from Cozumel where we were diving for 10 days. The difficult part of the trip for me was finding great place to eat, because I'm a vegetarian. We found a place in Playa Del Carmen called Madrez! Cafe. there are located on Calle Ocho between fifth and the ocean. Everything is made from scratch and all the fruit is fresh. The owners are great guy with culinary arts training, which explains why the food is so good. We visited this place several times during our trip, when we were in diving with operators in Playa. I have linked to yelp website to this post, so, so the those of you who are interested can check out the café. we dove with Scuba Playa in Playa Del Carmen at the Cenotes and for the whale shark experience. They were first-class operation and treated us well. I would definitely use them again.

In Cozumel we dove with Aldora Divers. We left our gear with them on the first dive and it was ready each day when we were picked up at the dock near our hotel. This made the dive effortless and comfortable. This guy about it uses steel 120s and 100s to do their dive. When you're diving with Nitrox you'll find that you have significant bottom time. It is necessary to take this into account on your computer or calculate all of your dive by hand to ensure that you are not exceeding your profile. There were several divers with us who experienced computer errors due to death changes and extended time. Having said all of this the dives were great and the dive masters and captains were exceptional. We had lunch at Mr. Sanchos every day and the food was good. I got into a conversation with one of the dive masters about nutrition when he noticed that I was a vegetarian. He recommended a restaurant called La Cuisine in Cozumel , which has healthy food choices and smoothies available. We ate there several times during our trip. Burritos Gorditas is also a good choice.

It is necessary to take this into account on your computer or calculate all of your dive by hand to ensure that you are not exceeding your profile. There were several divers with us who experienced computer errors due to death changes and extended time.

Seriously? They are computers that do nitrox, but can't handle a 120 tank? Weird. And calculate your dive BY HAND???? My missus was just b$%^%^#ing that she had do that in OW and our niece who is now taking OW, said, "Tables? What tables?"

he noticed that I was a vegetarian.

We deal with mostly vegetarian in our dinner planning. She likes the salads at Kondesa.

This guy about it uses steel 120s and 100s to do their dive. When you're diving with Nitrox you'll find that you have significant bottom time. It is necessary to take this into account on your computer or calculate all of your dive by hand to ensure that you are not exceeding your profile. There were several divers with us who experienced computer errors due to death changes and extended time.

Can you explain this a little more, I might be a bit dense but that makes absolutely no sense to me. As long as you set your computer to nitrox I can't understand why you would be ignoring your computer.

(Those damn steel tanks rear their ugly head again and not only do you not need them to do long dives as we have all been told, but now they cause your computer to not work!!! LOL)

Mike, go easy on the guy. He's a vegetarian. That ought to be enough to tell you that he's easily confused.

Omnivores rule!

Can you explain this a little more, I might be a bit dense but that makes absolutely no sense to me. As long as you set your computer to nitrox I can't understand why you would be ignoring your computer.

(Those damn steel tanks rear their ugly head again and not only do you not need them to do long dives as we have all been told, but now they cause your computer to not work!!! LOL)
It sounds like the computers were working just fine. I'm sure he meant "user error": first by not setting their computers to nitrox, second from running into mandatory deco.

I am a bit shocked about the "calculate all of your dive by hand" suggestion, however. Doesn't Aldora mandate the use of computers? After all, bottom times are obviously significantly extended by computer usage taking into account a variable depth instead of the maximum depth used on tables. And with Aldora, the entire group has to ascend together. What happens when one diver is using tables to calculate a profile of 35 minutes based on max depth and the rest of the divers are good to 70+ minutes? Also, what happens when a diver gets into deco? Does the entire group have to do the one diver's mandated deco stop in order that they all may ascend together?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom