Plain English Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldtimer

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have a short-cut(plain english) way to figure out the gas %'s ? i.e. best gas for such and such feet/minutes...? Too many formula's....:confused:

Oldtimer,

You could check out what GUE do. From what I understand they simply use a set of common gases that are suitable for each depth in terms of END and deco obligation advantages.

This sort of approach makes sense as you are only diving gas mix A in depths upto Z and therefore you have a rough idea of your no deco limits and deco profiles should you go beyound the no deco limits.

This is similar to doing all your diving on air - you get to know that the tables you use allow 20mins at 30m's etc.

Obviously there are other advantages to this approach but I think the above covers your question.

In addition to this if you want to work out the best gas mix exactly then there are several deco software packages out there that can be used or you could compile a simple spreadsheet to work it out.

Hope this helps - Dave.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom