Planning a dive trip in 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stijn37

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
we are looking for a divetrip/liveaboard in the Bahama's.
We would like to see tigersharks and also hammerheads, what's the best season?
Can someone give some good divecentre addresses? other suggestions?
Thanks a lot!!

Greetz from a Belgian diver :wink:

Last edited:
Hi Heatheroe, thanks for your answer.
I'm looking for a (liveaboard)trip for 14 days started from 26 dec 2016... but it's not available at the given site..?

Actually Greg Sweeney is just one of a number of parties that book that liveaboard for Tiger Beach Trips. BigFish Expeditions is another but they don't have your dates available either.

The actual liveaboard books here: Shark Diving with Tiger Sharks, Bahamas The name of the boat is the Dolphin Dream - out of Palm Beach, FL. A lot of their trips are booked by somebody also - look on their schedule for SharkDiver Magazine trips with Eli Martinez as the contact for booking - he's a known expert in the field. They also have open boat trips when they aren't chartered. Often those trips are combo trips to see Hammerheads nearby also. And you'll usually see some big Lemon Sharks also at Tiger Beach.

Another option is Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures - also out of West Palm Beach, FL. Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures |
Jim is the person who you often see pictured with "Emma" - one of the bigger Tiger Sharks there. MV Shearwater is more of a bunks type LOB than cabins.

There's also a land-based option from Grand Bahama Island - the name escapes me but if I find it, I'll post it here. Tiger Beach is easily reached from there as a day trip if you have a fast boat.

Also the Aggressor Fleet are just starting up there next year. Their trips are all Spring->Fall - Aggressor Fleet and Dancer Fleet - The Ultimate in LiveAboards

If you see Google links for Stuart Cove's/Tiger Beach at Old Bahama Bay on Grand Bahama - they no longer do that. Basically every Tiger Beach trip is 7 days - Sat-Sat. So you'll have to book two weeks with someone.

Some other - probably won't see Tigers - might see Hammerheads - liveaboard options are:

AquaCat - Home - Aqua Cat Cruises Aqua Cat Cruises
Carib Dancer (Aggressor) when they're not at Tiger Beach next year.
Juliet - Live-aboard diving trip departing from Miami, Florida to the Bahamas

The first two leave from Nassau - Juliet from Miami.

Last edited:
I'm diving with Eli Martinez Jan of 2017. It is a 7 day trip on the Dolphin Dream. Tiger Beach then Bimini for hammerheads. Looks like a lot of fun. Eli publishes Shark Diver Magazine.

Thanks everyone for the posts.
Strange everything is full booked for the end of 2016 or it's very expensive: 3000€ for 3 days diving with tigersharks??!! I've been travalling all arround the world but i haven't seen prices like this. :depressed:
Are there also companies who go to tigerbeach for one day or 2 ?? or a companie where there's still availabillity??

This is the only day boat option I'm aware of. I don't know anything about them. Reef Oasis Dive Club|Shark Diving|PADI Dive Courses - Grand Bahamas

If you find links to Stuart Cove's at Old Bahama Bay Resort, they recently shut down that operation.

Tiger Beach is pretty far out so it requires a fast boat to get out there/back in one day.

You mentioned liveaboard so I keyed on that in my earlier reply.

Thanks Mike, Diversteve and mslenaous for the tips.
I think i will do a short trip to Tiger Beach for 3 days and a cruise trough the Bahama's.
I've send a mail to Blue Iguana Charters.
If there others companies who offer a short trip for 1,2 or 3 days to Tiger Beach, please let me know :wink:
All thanks for your quick responses. This destination is totally unknown to me that's why the many questions :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom