Planning for Mozambique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all

Sorry to jump in on this, but I'm also looking for some advice. We will be in Kruger National Park in May and want to head over to the coast for a couple of days to do some diving (4 at most including travel time there and back). Initially we were going to head to Sodwana Bay, but I've now looked at the map and it seems that Mozambique is actually closer.

Does anyone know how easy it would be to drive from Kruger to the Southern Mozambique coast and also where would be a good place to go? We don't want to head too far north if we can help it as we have limited time.

We would really appreciate any help :)

Cheers, Simon

P.S I'm struggling to find anything online about travel times and routes so any pointers on that would help too, cheers.

Hi
There is a new wesite www. ofroadandsea.com which covers every spot in Mozambique specifically related to diving. It is not to be relied on completely but it at least gives you a comprehensive list of all places. We are in the north (the real north, Reon, Vilankulo is still south of the Zambesi!) in Nacala. Up here we are in the tropical belt so the diving is completely different to the south. Its well worth seeing both - two countries in one. Awesome corals up here - many say the healthiest, most varied and abundant they've seen, and loads of 'stuff'. Best thing will be to join on one of our sailing trips in a traditional wooden dhow, otherwise we dive whenever anyone wants. But send me an email and I can send you our complete details.
Good luck on your adventures!
Sarah

ietermagog:
Hi
There is a new wesite www. ofroadandsea.com which covers every spot in Mozambique specifically related to diving. It is not to be relied on completely but it at least gives you a comprehensive list of all places. We are in the north (the real north, Reon, Vilankulo is still south of the Zambesi!) in Nacala. Up here we are in the tropical belt so the diving is completely different to the south. Its well worth seeing both - two countries in one. Awesome corals up here - many say the healthiest, most varied and abundant they've seen, and loads of 'stuff'. Best thing will be to join on one of our sailing trips in a traditional wooden dhow, otherwise we dive whenever anyone wants. But send me an email and I can send you our complete details.
Good luck on your adventures!
Sarah

Hi Sarah

Thanks a lot for the info. I would like to dive as most sites as possible in Moz as that is the mail reason why we are going. I would like to do the south and the north if possible. Please send me some more info to vloftie@hotmail.com

All the help will be much appreciated.

Sucker

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom