Planning trip in June to San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebird36

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Planning a trip to San Pedro in June. Any recommendations on where to stay? I'm not looking for a big luxurious place to stay, looking for a moderately priced accommodations within walking distance from center of town. Trying to stay under $200 a night if possible. And any recommendations on a dive shop would be awesome too! I'm an AOW with nitrox certification.

Do you want/need a pool? At under $200 a night you should have a very good selection.

If you want to be right in town, right in front of dive op, I choose Mayan Princess and dive with Amigos del Mar. No real grounds, no resort amenities, but kitchenette studios with fab balconeys overlooking the ocean and bustling area near water taxis.

I've got more but need a bit more info from you other than just $.

I stayed at Xanadu, south of town. nice condos, quite neighborhood but still restaurants and such walking distance. not right in San Pedro, which for me, was a good thing. easy walk or cab if you need into 'town'.

Dove with Chuck and Robbies. All good things there. Small boats, good crew. Good site selection. Lots of local expats seemed to go out with them. They'll picked me up each morning from the dock at Xanadu, and returned me there at the end of the day. Perfect.

Do you want/need a pool? At under $200 a night you should have a very good selection.

If you want to be right in town, right in front of dive op, I choose Mayan Princess and dive with Amigos del Mar. No real grounds, no resort amenities, but kitchenette studios with fab balconeys overlooking the ocean and bustling area near water taxis.

I've got more but need a bit more info from you other than just $.

What exactly do you need for information? I know I forgot to mention that it is my parents and I on the vacation and I'm the only one that dives.

Well for starters, how far do your parents consider a walk to town? (I'm also a big fan of Xanadu.) Chuck and Robbie's are great. Love Robbie!

If they want to be close but would like a little ambiance there's Blue Tang Inn. Are you and your folks looking at sharing a room or separate rooms for your folks and yourself?

Do you/your folks want a pool? A kitchenette or will regular hotel rooms do? What's the standard of places you/your folks are used to? Sheraton or Quality inn or The W?

Well for starters, how far do your parents consider a walk to town? (I'm also a big fan of Xanadu.) Chuck and Robbie's are great. Love Robbie!

If they want to be close but would like a little ambiance there's Blue Tang Inn. Are you and your folks looking at sharing a room or separate rooms for your folks and yourself?

Do you/your folks want a pool? A kitchenette or will regular hotel rooms do? What's the standard of places you/your folks are used to? Sheraton or Quality inn or The W?
they say around 10 min walk to town would be good. Pool would be ok but not needed. Regular hotel room is fine. We generally stay holiday inn or holiday inn express or sheraton

Last edited:
For the time of year you have chosen, most hotels will be offering low season rates and you will probably be spoiled for choice. Check out Sunbreeze Hotel and Sunbreeze Suites, which share ownership but different locations. Also, Caye Casa and The Palms, might be a teensy bit over budget but for that should end up with separate sleeping quarters for you and your parents. Tradewinds Villas is also a good choice and do keep in mind that there are various owners and/or management teams renting suites in that complex so you may want to get a quote from each.

Should you end up selecting Blue Tang, and intend to share a room with your parents, I recommend Unit #11. While the double beds are side by side, the overall room is very large and you won't be bumping into each other. It's view is down the beach as opposed to directly out at it but still quite a nice view.

If your budget is firmly capped at $200/night don't forget to calculate in the tax and any service fees.

well doesn't make a difference for a separate room from my parents I usually just stay in the same room in a hotel, doesn't bother me. But i'll pass these hotels over to my mom who is doing the planning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom