Playa Conchal, Costa Rica Feb. 13th to 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikwho

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are headed to playa conchal this coming feburary. I am looking for advice on which company to dive with, where to dive etc. I just want a couple of half days of diving. lots of other stuff to do when we are down there. thanks for the advice guys!

There is a dive shop in Playa Flamingo which is close by. Flamingo is quite close to the Catalina Islands which are fantastic in Feb, lots of mantas. I forget the name of the shop though... :)

smoffatt,
water temp will be more or less the same, but diving quality will be quite different.
The huge amount of dive ops on the pacific side have a reason....
Do a search here about diving on the carribbean side of Costa Rica if you consider to go diving there.

Best regards

Chris Karrer

great! We are definately going to dive with Aquacenter. Looks like a nice outfit. We are looking into hotels in that area. Anyone stay at the Flamingo marina resort? We still are not sure exactly where to stay! Thanks for the input all!! cant wait to get down there!

Nikwho,
i can suggest you the Hotel Sugar Beach, Hotel Sugar Beach | Costa Rica

It's a 15 minutes drive to Aquacenter but the excellent location and the spectacular sunsets behind the Islas catalinas make it worth.

Best regards and enjoy your trip

Chris Karrer

Wow, looks like a great place! We may stay there, but, we are looking for a slightly more affordable place. We had a pretty large house in dominical that we thought was great for only $65 per night, but i guess things up north are just more expensive, huh? Any recomendations for something in the $60-$80 range? Not to bee too cheap, but we are going to be out and about for the majority of the trip. We are not the types to just hang out at the hotel. thanks for your guys' help! Can't wait to get down there!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom