Playa Del Carmen Cozumel dive service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jase67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am going to be staying at the Riu Palace near downtown Playa Del Carmen March 17th thru the 24th. I am interested in getting some solid advice as to who would be a good service to book a couple of days of dives. Further I am looking to book a day for diving in Cozumel and would like some suggestions for a service there. Apprecaite your suggestions.

Also if any board members will be there I would not mind meeting someone to dive with as my wife has no interest in anything but the beach.
:14:

Jase67:
I am going to be staying at the Riu Palace near downtown Playa Del Carmen March 17th thru the 24th. I am interested in getting some solid advice as to who would be a good service to book a couple of days of dives. Further I am looking to book a day for diving in Cozumel and would like some suggestions for a service there. Apprecaite your suggestions.

Also if any board members will be there I would not mind meeting someone to dive with as my wife has no interest in anything but the beach.
:14:

You can pay a little extra for the privilege of diving with the onsite operator, ScubaCaribe, or you can schlep yourself and your gear downtown to another operator to dive the same reefs for a little less. (I usually opt for the onsite option).

I've stayed at the Riu complex several times and used the on-site op, Scuba Caribe.
They have proven to be about as knowledgeable and capable as any I've used anywhere. They're located right at the beach. About the only negative thing I could mention is that I had to wade to about waist/chest deep water to get on the boat, but I don't do it for a living so can put up with some inconveniences.

As for a day in Cozumel, I would suggest you post the question on the Coz sub-forum. The ferry is going to be the best way to cross to Coz, but what operators you might choose I will leave to someone else.

Recommendations for using a PDC dive shop with their own boat to Cozumel, vs taking the ferry from PDC to Coz and getting a dive boat/operation in Coz?

I used Aqua World in both coz and cancun - very pleased with them both.

Going to coz was a most of the day trip, we took the ferry from PDC to coz got off the ferry walked right to our dive boat - did 2 tanks came back to a outdoor resturant had a good meal - caught the ferry back to pdc. Great day, great diving and wasn't rushed.

I dove with Aqua World Nice Boats But They only have 3mm shortys and the water in winter can get chilly. The regulators were old and leaked water outher than that they were ok. Nice breakfast on the Dock Before the Dive.

Only one choice here for me - Tank-Ha.

They run there own boat over to the island, and do a really good trip. If you have to get the ferry its a real pain, makes the day a long one, and for me takes the edge of the diving.

Your wife might think about joining you on your dives as the Riu Palace had ZERO beach when my wife and I were there in January. They were farming disgruntled guests out to other resorts in the area as dozens of locals tried to shore up the "beach" with sand bags.

There were palm trees literally tied to other palm trees further back in the resort to keep them from being washed away.

Sad.

You might want to specifically ask them about the condition of their beach before going down. Be prepared to move.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom