Playa Del Carmen Daily Dive Report! Geofish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be very eager to hear about your experiences in Akumel or the surrounding area. I'll be looking to do some easy cenote dives [I'm a tyro] and I'd like to hear if the ocean diving is any good in the area [I hear it's ho-hum at best]. I'm also thinking of doing a bull shark dive at PDC if it's available in March...

Me too - I'll be in PdC feb 18 - 25, and hoping to get in the water; had an achilles replacement done this past summer, so this will be my first opportunity to dive since June.
My plan/hope is to start easy with local dives, then get a day in cenotes, a day in Cozumel, etc. I've been in contact with several of the operators down there, and based on SB reviews, it doesn't seem like you can go wrong with any of them.
I will say that I was impressed by the questions and concerns that Anita at Playa Scuba raised when I told her of my plans and surgery; in today's economy, customer service is king, and it's nice to see that some still take the time to answer all of your questions - they've earned my business!

KevinL

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom