Playa Del Carmen Dive Shop Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubanoobi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm heading to PDC in a couple months and I was planning on going with the dive shop on my resort (Paradisus in the north of PDC), but it appears they do not offer a 2-tank morning dive. 2 single dives in the morning will cost $130+ tax, which is twice what I would pay in PDC. Does anybody have any recommendations for me?

I'm simply looking for some reef dives, I'm not picky, I have all my own gear, I just need a boat and a DM to follow.

Thanks

Only one choice (in my humble opinion) Beyond Diving! Check them out...Erik will make sure you have a great, safe time!

I dive with Reef Marina when I was in PDC in April. They have a shop at both Reef resorts, one just both of PDC and one down in Playacar. They were great and the morning dive I did with them was 2 dives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next resort just north of where you are staying is the Royal Haciendas. The dive operation there is Dive Balam. You do not to be stay there to use this dive shop. They have one of only two boats that go over to Cozumel from the Playa side. I have done over 50 dives with Marcos and the crew there at Dive Balam and can say they are very good. You can walk the beach to the resort or call them.

Beyond Diving goes directly to Cozumel in their own boat :)

Thanks everyone, I've emailed all the shops mentioned.

I've decided on Dive Balam (I can walk there) and doing both Coz and PDC.

Thanks!

Hi Scubanoobi,

I hope you have a great time during your dives while in Playa del Carmen! If you have some days left and want to do some cenote diving I will be more than glad to help you organize that for you.

Safe diving,

Karla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom