Playa del Carmen in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIG fan of the playa area! We've been down there 6 times in the last 4 year. Stayed 3 times at Riu Palace Riviera Maya and have always enjoyed it. The discussion about the effect of AIs on the local environment aside it's the best of the places in Playacar (south of Playa). It's a 5 min $5 cab ride to downtown or a nice 20 minute walk. I would stay away from any of the dive shops associated with the AIs, I've been out with Jason before and seen 25-30 freshly minted OW divers jump off a Scuba Caribe boat and turn 100' vis into 25' in no time.

The cenotes are NOT to be missed. The reef in Playa are nice but I'm so infatuated with the cenotes I've got on my diving goals list going down there for a week+ and getting my cenote or cave cert. There is nothing else like it in the world.

For our 10th anniversary my wife and I had a wonderful week at Dreams Tulum. Wonderful beaches, great food and service and close to the cenotes. Their on site dive shop was the first I ever dove with and in hindsight was quite good.

Have fun and enjoy the sunsets!

Well, I think I have narrowed it down to the Dreams Riviera Cancun, or the Hacienda Tres Rios. The lady likes the Dreams one the best, I love them both. Tres rios is beautiful surroundings and a little less expensive, so Ill figure it out.
Anyone been to either of these?

Well, I went ahead and booked the Now Riviera Cancun. I found an incredible deal and couldn't pass it up.
Thanks for the help. I'll be contacting someone in the next couple months about booking some diving!

Hello,
My wife and I will be traveling to Play Del Carmen on April 9-16. We're staying a one of the Palace Resorts there and if anybody needs a buddy let me know!!

Jason, I plan on giving you a call and setting up about 4-5 days of diving with you guys so hook me up. Cenotes, Sharks, etc... I'm game. :D

Going to Ocean Coral & Turquesa November 1, to the 8th this year, anyone know about dive shop on premises?
Thanks, Rick

This is a 4 year old thread! Just start your own instead of necro-posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom