Playa Del Carmen/Riviara Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimbo,
I strongly recommend you buy the shore excersion from the ship. They will be offering scuba trips to certified divers. Be sure you bring your C card down to the shore excertin desk when you sign up.
They usually offer two tank dives from most ships in port that long.
The reason I say buy it from them, is they will be sure you make it back to the ship before it sails out. There are several other reasons, one being if you don't have a buddy with you, it's a bit more likely they can pair you up before the trip and you can even keep the same buddy in other ports.
Which cruise are you on? I love to cruise!
:sunny:

Only thing is, I have read so many negative reviews on the cruise ship review boards about the cruise sponsored excursions that I had pretty much ruled that out.

The one recurring theme was that they had a cattle-boat mentality with little or no personal attention. Who knows, by then I may have dove enough locally that I won't need that much personal attention, but nonetheless it would be nice.

Have I just been misinformed? OBTW this is my first cruise as well as my first ocean diving. Can't wait!!!

Jimbo

Hmmmm well in this case I have to agree with the cruise boards. Carnival isn't my favorite cruise line. And I have worked on 2 Carnival ships. But I know they price out well from Galveston, so I'm sure that's why you picked them. However remember the old saying, "You get what you pay for".
Don't expect too much, and then hopefully they will exceed your expectations.
Papa Hogs may be a better bet for you. And you can email them first and set the whole thing up. Be sure to tell them and everyone you're a new diver. Never be embarrassed of it. Have fun. Cozumel is one my favorite places. I did my open water there.
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom