For Sale PLB/Canister Group Buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tug

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I wanted to consolidate all the information about the PLB and Canister Group Buy here in this thread.

For those of you interested in a PLB, we have a quote for the ACR ResQLink 400 from @seeker242 here on the board. Please either PM him or myself for the price.

This is the PLB we have the pricing on: ResQLink 400 Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon | ACR ARTEX

The canisters will be from Light Monkey, and are in contact with a Light Monkey dealer who will reach out to Light Monkey this coming week. We wanted to wait a few days to get a good idea on how many people are interested.

We ran the costs on the PLB’s and it doesn’t make sense to order it in one group because after you factor in the time and additional shipping cost, you would be better off purchasing them yourself. IF you are local to us in MA/NH and we know you, we’re happy to combine our order to save on shipping. This only works for people we know and see on a regular basis because we’re trying to avoid shipping PLB’s across the country. To purchase, PM Seeker242 or shoot myself a message and I can forward you his contact information.

If you’re interested in a canister, please fill out the linked google form and we’ll be in touch once we get better numbers from Light Monkey. Currently we have around 18 people interested in a canister pending final pricing.

https://forms.gle/CSEcsmkWuKEdSRtj8

@Tug - it’s great what you guys are doing.

While I’m interested, it would not make sense for me to go in on this group buy. As a Canadian, other than the shipping issue, we need to buy the Canadian specific version of the PLB (for registration purposes), which I suspect will take a bit longer to be released to the Canadian market. However, would you be so kind as to report back here the dimensions of the Light Monkey canister that you all end up going with, as well as the cost? That way, I can follow up with Light Monkey directly after I’ve secured the newest PLB.

Thank you.

Reactions: Tug
Will do!

I wanted to consolidate all the information about the PLB and Canister Group Buy here in this thread.

For those of you interested in a PLB, we have a quote for the ACR ResQLink 400 from @seeker242 here on the board. Please either PM him or myself for the price.

This is the PLB we have the pricing on: ResQLink 400 Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon | ACR ARTEX

The canisters will be from Light Monkey, and are in contact with a Light Monkey dealer who will reach out to Light Monkey this coming week. We wanted to wait a few days to get a good idea on how many people are interested.

We ran the costs on the PLB’s and it doesn’t make sense to order it in one group because after you factor in the time and additional shipping cost, you would be better off purchasing them yourself. IF you are local to us in MA/NH and we know you, we’re happy to combine our order to save on shipping. This only works for people we know and see on a regular basis because we’re trying to avoid shipping PLB’s across the country. To purchase, PM Seeker242 or shoot myself a message and I can forward you his contact information.

If you’re interested in a canister, please fill out the linked google form and we’ll be in touch once we get better numbers from Light Monkey. Currently we have around 18 people interested in a canister pending final pricing.

https://forms.gle/CSEcsmkWuKEdSRtj8
I sent a PM but not sure if it went. Can you send me a PM. i definitely want to order 2

68FD74C7-B459-4062-ABFB-398A7FB44EC7.jpeg
These are light Monkey canisters. They hold easily one dye packet, cyalume, fast find 210, granola bar, and whistle. I didn’t put a mirror on the back of the lid, as I just never got to it.

These 2 are for @RayfromTX

Attachments

• 9976415D-C5C5-4A76-8781-A3215876C075.jpeg
    9976415D-C5C5-4A76-8781-A3215876C075.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 223
@Wookie, what size canisters did you go with?

Thanks for the info and effort. Is the canister $200 or $240? We don't now because we don't know the quantity?

We’re going to be getting in touch with Light Monkey this week. We wanted to get a better idea on numbers before we reached out to them.

@Wookie, what size canisters did you go with?
Whatever size Corey made for me.... the second photo has a hand wipe canister for size comparison.

Reactions: Tug
I’ve been saving a Dive Rite Wreck can for this sort of thing, it’s 3” ID x 8.5” deep.

I’m not sure if I would want it too much bigger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom