pleas help with drysuit inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
hey, I just boaught an old poseidon jetsuit, and was wandering if anyone knew what hose to use. the valve connecter is huge and won't even come closs to fitting to a bc inflator hose...so does anyone know what size qd I need, or how I would go about measuring it? thanks

The only hose that will fit the Inflator is the Poseidon hose; no other will fit the connection.

You have two choices source a Poseidon hose or Replace the Inflator with one that will take a standard LP hose.

I replaced the Inflator for an Apollo it is so much nicer than the original. It did mean cutting a section out of the drysuit and replacing it. All up cost me $150.00 AU

lol thats more then I paid for the entire suit

you don't have to replace the entire inflator, you canget the metal male end fitting replaced with the standard type that will work on your already existing bc hose. Here those parts cost about 10€ at most. Just unscrew it and put the new one on. Simple as can be

Poseidon uses the same inflator hoses as Viking, with a retail tag of $67 USD.
You can no doubt find one cheaper with a small amount of shopping around.
Changing out the nipple on the valve is a cheap alternative; if it's a newer suit the inferior SEAQUEST style conversion nipples are available for about $10 USD.
Do not try to screw a "generic" nipple into the valve, the valve-nipple thread is straight with an o-ring seat on the base; the "generics" are a tapered thread that will damage the valve's thread & often crack or split the valve.
The Viking/Poseidon QDs are able to be hooked up or disconnected under pressure with one hand, very convienent & a desireable safety feature.

bumber...the nipple does not have a hex shape at the end. so poseidon and viking have the same hoses? Ima start looking on ebay for a hose but if I find a viking hose it should fit my suite correct?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom