Please help ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gjenks

Registered
Reaction score
Another newbie!

Could someone help with the choice in wet suits. Usually go to Mexico in late October, but also go to The Christal River area of Florida. Am being trained in the use of a dry suit but cannot afford to buy one of those yet.

Gary

Gary:

Go with a 3 mil suit unless you are older like me. If you get cold easy go with a 5 mil and be sure to take extra weight, just in case. Dry suit go ith DUI, you can get away with less than $1500 with all the extras.

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD DIVING

I use a 6mm farmer john and seperate jacket. It's very old so probably does the job of a new 3-4 mm suit. I like that I can just wear the lower half in warmer waters but can easily add the jacket for the colder stuff.

I wear both peices for Crystal river and drifting down the Rainbow river.

Remember that it's rare to be too warm.

Regards,

Depends on your thermal tolerance. But as a general rule, I'd think a 3mil full suit would cover ya.

There is another very good drysuit manufacturer in Canada called Abyss. Very high quality suits, don't forget the exchange when your shopping 1 US dollar buys 1.55 Canadian. A good suit can be had for probably $ 1000.00 US with the bells and whistles.

Also good Cdn makes: Whites and Brooks. I used to have a Wardell, but I don't remember if they're still around.

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom