PNG Dive Resorts:Loloata, Walindi, Jais-Aben and Lissenung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seamonster

Registered
Reaction score
I will be travelling in mid-May. Any recommendations or comments on the following land-based resorts and the diving accessible from the resorts:Loloata, Walindi, Jais-Aben and Lissenung.

Thank you.

seamonster:
I will be travelling in mid-May. Any recommendations or comments on the following land-based resorts and the diving accessible from the resorts:Loloata, Walindi, Jais-Aben and Lissenung.

Thank you.

I dived Walindi last Oct and the diving and resort were exceptional I would highly recomend it. If you want more info PM me.
David

What were the diving highlights? In terms of dive sites and marine life? Thank you.

Spent a February in PNG, and stayed at some of the places you mention.

Loloata: very nice place and spectacular diving. Loads of lacy scorpionfish. Very professional dive operation(hi Adam and Nienke!), one of the best I've experienced.

Walindi: Did not stay at the resort but did a lot of the local dive sites while on the Star Dancer. Absolutely brilliant. The coral is totally undamaged, best I've ever seen. Plenty of fish, few sharks.

Lissenung: Probably my favourite. Beatiful island, great food(hi Dietmar!) and VERY good diving. The current brings in the big stuff. Amazing sites, I think I did Albatross Passage 5 times and never got bored! Got some cool WW2 wrecks as well.

I also spent some time in Rabaul/Kokopo. By PNG standards the diving is crap, don't bother if you're not a WW2 buff.

/Olof

Yep I have dived
Jais-Aben : Champion resort, Top food, awsome diving, Tim and Lesley run the dive resort, they have a fantsatic operation, the bar is about 10 steps from the dive boats. Really excellent people I can't say enough about this place, some of the best diving I have ever had !! There is even a wreck of a Cessna plane, roll out of the bar drop down the wall and you are sitting in it !!

Lissenung: Edith and Dietmar are the best hosts of any resort I have ever stayed at, the food is outstanding and the diving I rate as some of the best in the region. Just a brillient little island, the best wall diving I have ever had !!

seamonster:
What were the diving highlights? In terms of dive sites and marine life? Thank you.

1/ The Coral hard and soft huge, fields of it with no damage sea fans six feet across,
2/ exotic fish pygmy sea horse, mandrin fish, unicorn fish, octopus. A few shark, dolphin.

Just to give you some idea of the diving we have dived,
Cyprus, England/Ireland, most of the Caribbian/west Indies/ Aruba, Costa Rica, Maui, Bora Bora, Thialand, Austrailia Coral sea to name just a few and Walindi was the best diving we have ever done,

I am not the best at fish id'ing or puting photos on the web, give me a e and I will send you a few photos that will give you a better idea of what the diving is like. If you do E me put PNG in the subject line then I will know who it is from.

ddiver@tampabay.rr.com

Anybody with experience from Loloata Resort? Information on the diving,accomodation and service will be most appreciated. Is E6 processing available? Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom