Pre-Dewi land add on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Considering a Dewi Nusantara RA trip 2026. Trip starts on a Thursday, would like to get in a few days early for land based jet lag recovery, relaxing and diving. At the very beginning of all of the research so have no idea what is possible.

Any recommendations for a good resort reasonably accessible from Sorong?

This would be our second trip, did Lembeh/Gangga last year

It's possible that the Dewi Nusantara could pick you up in Waisai instead of Sorong. I think many (all?) liveaboards stop in Waisai first. This means you could stay at a land-based resort and then get to Waisai instead of going all the way back to Sorong and then to Waisai again. You can ask the liveaboard about this possibility. Sorong is not great for tourists and I can't recommend staying there more than necessary.

I stayed at the Raja Ampat Dive Lodge for a week, then got picked up by Meridian Adventure Dive and was brought directly to their property in Waisai. After a few days there, my liveaboard picked me up and I met the rest of the passengers.

Sorido Bay is a top-rated resort, but it might be easier to stay closer to Waisai though if that's where you want to embark. I lucked out and Meridian Adventure Dive picked me up for free since they were coincidentally diving near RADL the day I needed to travel.

It's possible that the Dewi Nusantara could pick you up in Waisai instead of Sorong. I think many (all?) liveaboards stop in Waisai first. This means you could stay at a land-based resort and then get to Waisai instead of going all the way back to Sorong and then to Waisai again. You can ask the liveaboard about this possibility. Sorong is not great for tourists and I can't recommend staying there more than necessary.

I stayed at the Raja Ampat Dive Lodge for a week, then got picked up by Meridian Adventure Dive and was brought directly to their property in Waisai. After a few days there, my liveaboard picked me up and I met the rest of the passengers.

Sorido Bay is a top-rated resort, but it might be easier to stay closer to Waisai though if that's where you want to embark. I lucked out and Meridian Adventure Dive picked me up for free since they were coincidentally diving near RADL the day I needed to travel.
I'm on Coralia in April 2024. Have been told by Coralia that I must meet the boat in Sorong despite my spending the preceding week at sister operation Papua Explorers (which is close to Waisai). Reason? The Sorong port authority needs to have Sorong be the port of embarkation/disembarkation. So, I need to spend time and money getting from Papex to Sorong just to turn around and go back. Not sure that is true, but that's what they're saying and don't know why they would lie about it. Could be this is a new rule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom