pO2 adjustability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Laura,

Yes, I mean the "gas" settings. My question is related to using the SDA as a redundant computer when diving a CCR, setting the pO2 to a value of, say, 0.7; the idea being that on several consecutive multi-dive days, the CNS clock would be operating more liberally. This function is available on a Cochran.

Make sense?

- Jim

are you just asking it to alert you when you get close to that .7 max?

It would seem that inputing 3 nitrox mixtures for gas switches that have a max PPO2 of .7 at depth to 'approximate' what you are doing with the CCR would get you where you want to go with regards to CNS clock. I believe the CNS clock in the Uemis ZURICH is figuring real time so it wouldn't matter what you set the max PO2 to, just what you are diving at that juncture. If I am misunderstanding what you are asking, please clarify. I am forwarding your question and this thread on to Ernst.

I think the OP is referring to the fact that when you input your gas mixture information and try and set the computer to 0.7 PPO2, the computer defaults to 1.0 for max PPO2.

Laura -

I think MarineResearch is on the right track. I'm posting for my friend who dives an Evolution, which I understand operates at a constant pO2. The Evolution's electronics serve as his primary computer, with the Cochran serving as backup. He runs the Cochran with the conservancy set to "0" (least conservative) and sets the pO2 to values <1.0 when on dive trips. He is a very technically savvy guy and not a risk taker, so I'm sure his methodology is sound. If my explanation is not making sense the I'm likely not describing the question clearly. Try and answer if you can; I'll forward your responses to him via email.

Thanks for the help!

-Jim

Back
Top Bottom