PocketPC Diving Software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDostal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Guys & Gals...

I recently added a Dell Axim to my collection of gadgets, and am looking for some dive software for it. I've already got a range of apps for my Palm - deco planning software, gas mixing software, dive logging software...but I'm looking for equivalent stuff.

Anyone have any good tips or tools for Pocket PC?

Omicron:
Hey Guys & Gals...

I recently added a Dell Axim to my collection of gadgets, and am looking for some dive software for it. I've already got a range of apps for my Palm - deco planning software, gas mixing software, dive logging software...but I'm looking for equivalent stuff.

Anyone have any good tips or tools for Pocket PC?

what do you have for palm that's good?

babar

babar,

Between my friends and I, we've picked up just about everything. GUE's DecoPlanner, Mixer For Palm, DecoWeenie....a few different dive log apps, but I keep my logs in hardcopy format, so I don't really use them all that much.

You should be able to pick up a palm emulator for your pocket PC. That would allow you to run existing palm software like D Plan.

Personally, I would not retire the Palm the yet. Dropping a tank on or losing a $50 Palm is far less painful that dropping a tank on or losing a $350 pocket PC.

That's kinda what I've been thinking lately DA. I've got a copy of a palm emualtor, but it's legal status is kind of in limbo - I think the guy that was writing it got in a bit of trouble w/ Palm.

I've been tossing around the idea of just getting a small Pelican case and throwing the Palm in my gear bag....but I wouldn't mind selling off the Palm and just having one device.

DA Aquamaster:
Personally, I would not retire the Palm the yet. Dropping a tank on or losing a $50 Palm is far less painful that dropping a tank on or losing a $350 pocket PC.

My Palm retails for $399 :)

Yeah.... my m505 wasn't exactly cheap when I bought it either, but it's got a few years on the Axim, so if I were to have to choose what one to drop a tank on, it'd be the Palm :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom