Polar Bear Dive 1/1/05 at Twin Lakes ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any organized Polarbear dives planned ??

Dave

Not yet! Beast and I thought it would be fun to try to get one going.

Whose interested?

This thread is reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day! Keeps starting over.... Am planning on being there Sunday. Are any of you all planning on being there?

well i had a separate thread on my visit to Rio De Janeiro but it seems to have disappeared. Will report here;

Arrived Rio on 12/23. No diving could be found for 24th. 25th was family stuff. 26th came to Ilha Grande which is island off coast 2 hrs south of Rio. This is big tourist island. no cars allowed. we drove to ferry port at Angra Dos Reis which is 2 hrs drive south of Rio. Took boat over here and checked in at hotel. Went to dive operator i had reserved. office staff didnt seem to know anything. Went to other operator and set up 2 tank fast boat for 27th. Went out in Am with Elite Dive Center. Five divers on boat. Went to island and did two dives to about 30 ft. This is cold water diving(antartic current) 74 degrees. 5 mil required. diving somewhat disappointing. This is not Cozumel. Divers pretty decent-but no one spoke much english. They are not used to american divers. vis about 30 ft or so. did not dive tuesday or wednesday. set up dive today with operator i had reserved(they wondered where i had been). boat was old fishing boat converted to dive use. went across channel thru 3-4 ft seas to another island. diving better but still cold water. Dive operator was man and his son and another dm. saw trumpetfish and pufferfish. experienced divers on boat not very experienced. I was pretty much on my own. followed owner who was doing a discover scuba while leading certified divers. but i liked the guy. they were definitely having a good time. will not be doing any more diving here. return to Houston 1/2.

hey after this i am ready for TL this winter. see yall soon

I'm in. Sat or Sun?

We'll be there both days. 11-ish

Sure would like to attend, but I don't think I can be there tomorrow, and definetly will not be there Sunday.

Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom