Polar Bear dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver once bubbled...
Brrrrr! You can have that! I have dove water temps in the high 50's in a 3 mil wetstuit (wont be making that mistake again). Although I also have a 7 mil semi dry that works great, I am seriously considering the purchase of a DUI Dry Suit.

Ice diving? You bring the chainsaw, I'll bring some hot chocolate! (But AFTER I get my drysuit!)

59 degrees is as cold as I have ever dived, and that was with a 3mil on at CSSP. Still, I'd like to try ice diving someday, when I've completely lost all my marbles. :wink:

Still, I'd like to try ice diving someday, when I've completely lost all my marbles.

You still have all your marbles? That means you can't come dive up here. One of the prerequesites here for getting your c-card is that you have to have your marbles surgically removed.:bonk: :loopy: :goofy: :madelf:

Coyote

Coyote once bubbled...

You still have all your marbles? That means you can't come dive up here. One of the prerequesites here for getting your c-card is that you have to have your marbles surgically removed.:bonk: :loopy: :goofy: :madelf:

Coyote

Texans don't have marbles... just brass balls! I thought everyone knew that?!?!?

For all you Texans who are going to Terrell on the 1st, I MIGHT be there......watching, not diving! I just don't think my skills are up to diving in that cold water!

How will I know who any of you are? How many divers are usually there?

RooLuvsToDive once bubbled...
For all you Texans who are going to Terrell on the 1st, I MIGHT be there......watching, not diving! I just don't think my skills are up to diving in that cold water!

How will I know who any of you are? How many divers are usually there?

I really want to make the CSSP dive if I can convince some of my other buddies to make the drive with me. It's about a 4 hour trip one way for us. If any of you other Swampers plan to be out there and want to say hello, I'll let you know what we will be driving when we make our final decisions.

If not, then we will probably dive somewhere closer to home like Twin Lakes.

Hope to see some of you there.

I had my heart set on going.. but I can't get off of work. ;-0 So I guess I'll be doing a local dive instead.

YAY!!!!!!! Because everybody was complaining about being here on New Years, and half the people had already taken off anyway... they decided to close and give us a holiday!!!

So I'll be there after all! I'll be driving the cavy if anybody wants to meet up. I think I'll be by myself. :( This will be an excelent opportunity for me to try out the used drysuit I got.=-)

Poseidon once bubbled...
YAY!!!!!!! Because everybody was complaining about being here on New Years, and half the people had already taken off anyway... they decided to close and give us a holiday!!!

So I'll be there after all! I'll be driving the cavy if anybody wants to meet up. I think I'll be by myself. :( This will be an excelent opportunity for me to try out the used drysuit I got.=-)

Looks like I will make it as well. As it stands, there will be 3 people in my group. If you want to jump in with us, I'm sure there will be no objections. Not sure what vehicle (either Z71 extended cab or a Suburban) we are going in yet, but two of us will be playing around with our doubles and probably in drysuits, so we should be easy to spot.

Back
Top Bottom