Polaris resort in Cabilao Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chromi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been reading in some web places, and also in this forum, some not very nice reviews about divemasters in Polaris Resort in Cabilao : divemaster that get angry when you go slightly deeper than them, and things like that......

Did anyway have that kind of problems? what was your experience at Polaris?

thanks

It sounds like I may have been the one who posted the review you are referring to. While, in my opinion, some of the divemasters were excessively strict, I still enjoyed my time at the resort and would recommend it. The rooms were huge and very clean, the food was great and the staff (other than a couple of the divemasters) were extremely friendly.

Hi, Manhattandiver

i read carefully your report, and yes, it inspired me a little bit, but i found another disappointed costumers (don´t remember who or where), about the divemasters.

But if you still recommend the place......

And thanks about your report, it is really usefull as i am going this summer to many of the places you wrote.

Any other opinnion about Polaris around there?

chromi:
Hi, Manhattandiver

i read carefully your report, and yes, it inspired me a little bit, but i found another disappointed costumers (don´t remember who or where), about the divemasters.

And thanks about your report, it is really usefull as i am going this summer to many of the places you wrote.

Any other opinnion about Polaris around there?
stay tuned...diver dennis is there right now and will be back next week.

hI,clgsamson

And who is Diver Dennis ???????????????

i guess you have information I need.........:wink:

ok......apologise then.

I thought it was one of the divemaster aro und Polaris.

chromi:

I really do. My reviews tend towards the brutally honest. One or two bad divemasters can make an individual trip unpleasant, but it's not worth avoiding an otherwise solid resort just for that reason. ExPat divemasters especially tend to move around a bit, so it's possible that one of the two divemasters who rubbed me the wrong way won't be around anymore anyway. Also, if you're not the type of diver who likes to venture off on his own, and doesn't mind sticking close to the divemaster, you won't have any problems at all. In fact, I also have a degree of sympathy for the divemasters on Cabilao, since I'm sure many people who dive the island want to go really deep to look for the hammerheads that disappeared from there years ago. If I were a Divemaster and were liable for the actions of those divers, I would be pretty strict as well. In any case, The resort was one of the more pleasant places I stayed at in the Philipines and there were other divemasters (including a guy named Michael) who were as pleasant as could be. Overall, I would highly recommend the place.

Thanks again for your help,manhattandiver.

Well, i am not the kind of people that goes very close to the divemasters, as i am always busy making my pictures and sometimes i lose the sense of time. But two of the things that i like in Asia diving is the small groups and the way the guides suite your diving conveniences.

As i am not going to follow deep for the hammerheads, I think i will have no problem. If i do, then i would tell to change divemaster and that is all. (I will keep the friendly name of Michael in my mind)

stay at the polaris.

bobet which is regarded as one of the 10 best dive guides world wide is with estrella at the moment. to start with, he will present subjects just perfect for shooting. while you shoot, he is off to find the next critters.

with bobet, you have the real diving und quite often you have to stay a bit longer on the top of the reef ;-)
you know what i mean?

anyway, all three dive outfits stay at the west coast of the island. you can choose whoever you want.

polaris is the best place to stay, with electricity 24h. and on top of that good food and yes the beer is cold. at the bar you can meet the diveshop mgr. who is so restrictive (if he is stell there).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom