• Cenotes mas fina!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Whale Sharks - without a doubt!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Do both - your family has to forgive you

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both of my whaleshark trip have been on blue water. 1st trip was just north of Cancun and did the other one from Isla Mujeres. Both great trips, but the Isla one was a very long day. Waves that day were very high, and it toolk us all day to find the whalesharks.

Last September we did both with Scorpio Divers and left Cancun for the boat ride. It is certainly not the all day adventure of driving four hours round trip to Isla Holbox. The next day we then dove the Cenotes with Scorpio Divers. Give Jorge a call / email and he will arrange everything for you.....why not take the family on the Whale Shark dive?

hi racer,
snorkeling with whale sharks is an experience that I truly recommand as cenote diving. Better do it from Isla Mujeres or Cancun, cause this place are closer than Holbox and the bout ride does not take as much time. they start before 8.....aprox 2 hours one way, you snorkel in groups of 3 and rotate 4-5 times. Its a hard job cause you have to swim hard to follow them.....last year I was lucky to see more than 100 these bigs animals at once. Breath taking.
The same day in afternoon you can move to tulum and the next day you can go diving. Pit is, in my opinion, the best place and I fall in love in cave diving after diving Pit....but it is not the best option for the first dive. Therefore, you need to devote 2 days for cenote diving. Operators that offer diveing in PIT withouth knowing you and how you dive are not worth trying cause they seems not care for safety to much....which is the most important in cavern diving.
I take people diving to cenote almost everyday, together with jeff, we opened tulum scuba which is not a dive center but we work independently, we love diving and teaching diving....no dive center pressure, deadlines and must. we do what we like and have 100 % of satisfied customers. Jeff has been diving here since 97 and he knows every single hole flooded with water in this area.
let me know if you are interested in getting in touch with us. we will make a nice cenote tour including PIT on the second day if you are experienced enough.
I enclose pic form the PIT just to enhance you, but probably its fame is already workd spreaded.....

gosia
cenotediving_pit.jpg

Thanks all for the comments! As it turns out, the family WILL be going with me for the whale sharks. I was a bit concerned about bringing the kids (8 & 11), but we'll have plenty of warm up time in the waters around the area to get their skills unrusted. So for a mere additional investment of <cough> $450 bucks, I get both. Ah well, I didn't need the new dive watch anyway....

Hello, you do not need to go to all the way to Holbox to do the Whale sharks by the way there is no permits for diving only snorkeling with them.
15 to 30mins away from the Hotel Zone (depending on which hotel) is departure for these trips. Generally 8am to 3pm
As for Cenotes it is not all day, and I agree that there are more and better Cavern dives than the pit.
If you require any information on both these trips we can customize a package for you.
Hope this info was helpful

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom