Poll: Where is your favorite place to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anywhere the water is over 30 feet deep, really no fav spot .

Top dive site has got to be Wraysbury lake in the UK ( 2 ft viz with Arctic temp!) - only joking.

For something different try the cenotes in Tulum, Mexico. Strange to walk through the jungle in your kit and them jump into a small " pond " only to find a massive cavern below.

Some pictures here: http://www.cenotedive.com/gallery_cavern.html

If you're a real diver, I don't think it is possible to pick a favorite. By this I simply mean you likely enjoy everywhere you go for it's own reason... so here are all of my favorites - and why:

Australia - First time diving with Minke Whales... an awe inspiring experience
San Salvador Bahamas - 150+ Ft Vis and wall dives with Great Hammerheads
North Carolina - Great Artifact diving and very cool Dives with Sand Tiger Sharks
Roatan Honduras - Best Topside stuff, nice wrecks and walls
Truk Lagoon - The history, the wrecks, the airplanes, tanks etc...
San Diego / Coronados Islands - Fun playing with Sea Lions

Been many other places... all with cool things... but these stick out the most!

After reading all these post I guess I need to get out (of the country) more, My favorite spot so far is little ol' Rainbow River in Florida. :huh:

Favorite thus far is definately Cozumel. I love taking pics of fish, and Cozumel is fish heaven. Other than that, my salt water diving has been pretty blah. Dove Grand Bahama which was ..so-so... St. Maarten was not so great, but would dive it again. I was going to dive Grand Cayman East End, but Hurricane Ivan decided otherwise. Im hoping to get back there soon. I'd like to dive Bonaire and Palau someday for sure.

my favorite place to dive is in ... the water ... Somebody *had* to say it :wink:

really though - most of my diving has been on (actually just off of) Maui. I've done perhaps 8 dives elsewhere (while travelling) and while I really like Maui's diving, there something to be said for each new place - they are so different. I had a blast diving when in Alabama, completely different type of diving, but it was incredible in it's own way. I think each spot has it's own merits... of course my next out of state diving really needs to be in some limited vis, so I can appreciate that environment...

Here on Maui the place I keep returning to is Old Airport beach... it's nothing "spectacular" like the backwall of Molokini, but I like hanging out over the shallow reef just watching the fish interact with their environment. It's a very peaceful dive site... plus it's just 10 minutes from my house :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom