Pompano Beach Dive 10-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fox-Cousteau

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
REEF DIVE
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Pompano Beach, Florida​
(just South of West Palm, FL)​
COST= $50 per diver (tanks not included)​

Dive Shop: Parrot Island Scuba Adventures
Dive site: Pompano Drop-Off Reef
Departing Location: Hillsboro Inlet Marina
Duration: The boat leaves at 8:AM – 4 hrs
Dive Boat: Fish Food (max. 14 divers)
Details:
It’s a short boat ride and a long dive. The dive will be a drift dive. We will try to pair up inexperienced divers with more experienced divers if requested. The dive boat usually includes at least one dive master on the dive. We will also have several recent grads from a rescue diver class along so novice divers come along. Experienced divers will be free to dive in their own teams at their own pace if they wish.

Each person is responsible for making their own dive reservations with Parrot Island and your own accommodations.

DIVING IN: sign up for the trip on the web site: Staff click on online reservations and reserve your spot. Let’s scuba!

:goldfish:

I'm also looking for someone to ride with me from C. FL to Pompano (I get tired of talking to myself). Anyone interested?

Ok had to make the drive by myself,:popcorn: but Scuba_Steve was right behind me....:coffee:
Great Dives today! Parrot Island Scuba is the Bomb! :lotsalove:because of a strong current, we changed our plans and went down on two of the local reefs.... no current on Sunkist, and a slight current on the second reef (forgot the name). more fish than I can name...:blinking:
A full report will follow.... Tomorrow should be even better, although I don't know how it can be....:D

Ok here's the deal 1-2 ft seas...viz 50 to 70 feet (depending on which of the 4 sites we were on).
Friday dove on sunkist reef and Abby 2. viz was no less than 50 ft (could see bottom from the surface. The list of fish we saw on these two reefs are too long to post. it is easier to list what we didn't see.... bugs, crabs, or large game fish. this wasn't a problem since the only thing we were shooting was pictures.:rofl3:

Saturday, we dove the Ancient Mariner. This is a great dive site, also filled with fish most notable of which were snapper, and one scorpion fish.:no

Our second dive was a drift on Abby 2 again. Dives like this prove that there is a heaven and it's filled with NITROX divers...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom