Freelance Dive Guides - South East FLA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McFishins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know you can usually hire a dive guide through a shop or operator, but I was wondering if there are any freelance options out there?

I'm just getting back into diving after many years -- did the refresh, a few boat dives, and had to buy all new equipment. Looking to get my gear broken in and a better feel for local S. Fla diving with a pro before venturing into the insta-buddy and/or sort of on your own situations.

I'm in Deerfield Beach looking to beach and boat dive sites from Pompano up to Jupiter.

You can also find someone good at a shop who works across multiple boats. I have some good instructors I trust around the area you are in (I am in Pompano). You can hire them to go with you on dives, but it might be overkill. I also know some good DMs who are also guides.

Personally I like to dive in multiple places between Jupiter and the keys, so I end up going all over the place, but I have my boats I am loyal to.

You can also find someone good at a shop who works across multiple boats. I have some good instructors I trust around the area you are in (I am in Pompano). You can hire them to go with you on dives, but it might be overkill. I also know some good DMs who are also guides.

Personally I like to dive in multiple places between Jupiter and the keys, so I end up going all over the place, but I have my boats I am loyal to.
Thanks for the reply. A DM would be fine. I don't think I need an instructor. Getting back in the water was pretty much like riding a bike - even if the chain was a little rusty.

A guide is a great idea..

Oh dang. You got me pegged..
:D

Jenny is a great dive guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom