pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm just wondering if there is a best way or recommended way to sling a pony (19 or 30 cuft) that would allow you to most efficiently/easily hand it off to a buddy should the need arise....i'd like to have that option in addition to donating a reg to share air.... maybe some of you have handed off your pony and have changed something to make it easier.... i don't have a pony yet but contemplating the whole thing....thank you

i'm just wondering if there is a best way or recommended way to sling a pony (19 or 30 cuft) that would allow you to most efficiently/easily hand it off to a buddy should the need arise....i'd like to have that option in addition to donating a reg to share air.... maybe some of you have handed off your pony and have changed something to make it easier.... i don't have a pony yet but contemplating the whole thing....thank you
You can spend a lot of money on fancy bags and fancy clamps that at best work no better than a simple bolt snap at the tank neck onto a shoulder d-ring, and another at the base onto a waist d-ring. Clip-clip; on. Unclip-unclip; hand off.

@tursiops beat me to it ...

Stage bottle rigging might be the way for you. The side benefit of the interconnected upper and lower boltsnaps that gives you a handy handle is that once the length is dialed in for your rig, it stays the same even when taking it off for travel or swapping between bottles.

A worm-drive lower band is the lightest and lowest profile,
DR-GM2053-7_1.png

but a cam-band style is easier on and off for travel and adaptable to different diameter cylinders like a 19cuft and a 40cuft

dr-gm2049-ts7_1.jpg

I also use a bungee from my backplate, around the valve/1st stage to tuck it up to where it is almost unnoticeable during the dive.

2nd stage regulator and hose are stowed with the elastic bands on the cylinder until needed.

I made up my own from webbing, triglides, clips, hose and cambands/worm-clamps. I did splurge on Light Monkey retainer bands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom